Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Farewell to SLN

 

Shortly after I came to SL three years ago my friend Breezes introduced me to her sl daughter Dana Vanmoer. I began to read the SL-Newspaper, of which Dana was the editor at the time. 
As I visited the many wonderful sites in SL and had so many thrilling experiences I thought to myself, perhaps I could write about some of these places. I talked to Dana and she invited me to be a freelance journalist and submit articles to the paper. It had been a while since I had written but I began and as more articles were published I gained confidence and wrote more.. James T Juno, the founder of the newspaper, interviewed me and my role was enlarged to regular reporter.  I loved doing it and eventually became a frequent contributor.
 I am eternally grateful to Dana and James for allowing me to join the crew and have so much fun. I found the Newspaper to be very professionally run and up on the latest issues that affected sl inhabitants. It will be a great loss to the daily readers. It will be a greater loss to the members of the newspaper family. I will miss the work, the meetings, sharing of ideas. 
 I would also like to thank Bixyl Shuftan for his advice, and support .
 Thank you Dana and James and good life to each of you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment