Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baron and I, Part Deuce



When my fellow newsies and I had our scheduled meeting, one of the sticking points was Baron DeSantis being in the slammer in Ghul Prison. After IMing him through the cell phone he managed to find, we decided to try to teleport him over. It worked, and he was able to stick with us part of the time, including the group photo in which he sported a collar. With other furred folk often sporting ones of their own (much more comfortable ones) and myself not usually having one, I couldn't help but find some amusement in it.

But Baron couldn't help but look over his shoulder. I suggested that he just avoid the Ghul, but he felt he couldn't avoid them, so the best thing was to teleport back into his cell to avoid a serious pummeling. And if he wasn't spotted, he'd get off scot-free. So we sent him back, hoping this was the case.

Later on, I got a call from him via the IM. After initial greetings, it seems he hadn't made a clean entry after all.

Baron DeSantis: I've been a bit tied up (no pun intended) at the prison. Got really in trouble when I got back from the newspaper meeting. A judge saw me TP back and went ballistic.
Bixyl Shuftan: Oops.
Baron DeSantis: Big oops, he was the one that slammed me in iso in the first place.
Bixyl Shuftan: Not often someone gets in trouble for breaking IN.
Baron DeSantis: It was the 'going out' that did it (laughing out loud).

It was then that he spotted that very judge approaching the cell, so he had to hide the cell phone. He called me later with an update on his situation.

Baron DeSantis: Jeez, he's letting me out of iso EARLY, 2 days early.
Bixyl Shuftan: Well, a little good news.
Baron DeSantis: Yes but why is the worry.
Bixyl Shuftan: Hmmm, hopefully just to make you wonder why.
Baron DeSantis: Scary place the tower. *shivers*

We talked about options on what to do. With the gun turrets and attack helicopter, it was unlikely an aircraft or dragon could get anyone out from the yard. With escape unlikely, perhaps he could at least find out about those who tried to pass the time.

Bixyl Shuftan: Hmmm, I suppose for a story,  you could always ask the prisoners about the more spectacular escape attempts.
Baron DeSantis: great idea. I was given an inmates confession, but it's too much, even for red light. *shivers* ... she is a cannibal you see.
Bixyl Shuftan: Uh oh.
Baron DeSantis: Keeps trying to hug me an' give me a love bite - aaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggh.

It would seem even if he does get out, arranging a date with him and a vampire batgirl would not be a good idea.

He was silent for a few more minutes, then:

Baron DeSantis: Sorry, was talking to head guard, has come to take me back to general population yippee
Bixyl Shuftan: Hopefully that's good.
Baron DeSantis: Free, well kind of (laughing out loud).
Baron DeSantis: Back in the sun and fresh air.

It was then he got a look outside.

Baron DeSantis: Jeez, they have made the walls even higher now.
Bixyl Shuftan: Oh? Hopefully you still have showers and sink.
Baron DeSantis: Need a shower for sure, damn better check the sink ... oh and they even put in a washing machine because I complained my prison uniform was smelly (laughing out loud).

It was about this time I had to depart, and had to cut the call short. Baron didn't mind too much, with his luck having gotten a little better for now, "See you later, boyfriend."

Boyfriend? O.O *meep*

Somehow, the lady cannibal doesn't seem so scary now.

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment